What you think is benign information, can be cobbled together to depict a very different story and image by the surveillance state.
This is a popular sentiment anytime the subject of privacy or government overreach comes up. In fact, it might even seem like a reasonable position to hold, until you take a closer look…
Daniel Solove explored this in a rather long and tedious article titled “‘I’ve Got Nothing to Hide’ and Other Misunderstandings of Privacy.”
Without bogging you down with 35 pages of reading, one quote from author Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn summarized the main point fairly well:
“Everyone is guilty of something or has something to conceal. All one has to do is look hard enough to find what it is.”
In other words, it doesn’t really matter if you think you don’t have anything to hide. Because what you view as an innocent activity could be viewed as criminal behavior — or even “thought crimes” — by some small-minded government tyrant.
You see, it’s not just data collection you have to worry about. It’s how the government can shape that data to frame you. Should such a thing be done to you, you will not be able to challenge or even see the dossier that’s been created on you.
Let’s say you’re then in the wrong place at the wrong time through no fault of your own. The government could use the dossier it’s prepared to connect you to the scene of a crime even if you weren’t even aware of the crime.
And let’s get real for a second… Do you really trust the Government snooping through your private data even if you have “nothing to hide” from them?
Keeping all of this in mind, let’s take a look at…
How Government Snoops Can Build a “Dossier” on You
Over at The Rutherford Institute, one article put a spotlight on exactly how the “security state” is keeping an eye on everything you do. (And I do mean everything).
Here are only five of the many ways you could appear on the State’s “naughty list” even if you don’t want to be. They’re listed in no particular order:
- Your health status. Through your Fitbit, virus tests, or even drug sniffing dogs that can tell when you’re sick … authorities could make life tough for you.
- Facial recognition. Step out into public, and Clearview AI might snap a picture of you and put it in a database at the FBI. The same program sifts through your social media posts and assembles your life story in pictures.
- Your phone calls, and its camera. The Rutherford piece said: “Cell phones have become de facto snitches.” Even worse, authorities might not need a warrant to search every morsel of information on your phone.Oh, and that camera? They can hack it and see whatever the camera sees.
- Who you know, who knows you, and what gets shared between both networks. Any time you call someone or send them a message via text or social media … your network is connected to theirs by data-hungry agencies.Any of your connections might commit a crime (without your knowledge), and you could be questioned about it — even if you did nothing wrong.
- Tried and true physical mail. For the last 20 years the U.S. Postal Service has been snapping a picture of your mail to store in a database for future “profiling.”
The Rutherford Institute finished with something to keep in mind: “Big Tech wedded to Big Government has become Big Brother.”
Even if you’re an honest person, “Big Brother” could still make your life a living hell simply due to the sheer amount of data being stored on you.
All it would take is some idiotic bureacrat in a dusty office somewhere to put together a profile on you as part of a criminal investigation (or mistaken identity), which means…
You Never Know When You Might Need to “Get Out of Dodge” FAST!
As you probably know, I’ve been living the life of a “digital nomad” since 2001. That means l have enjoyed the benefits of location independence.
During that time, I’ve also learned dozens of valuable lessons about how to maintain my independence free from authoritarian governments, agency snoops, and IRS auditors.
On top of that I’ve learned the secrets to obtaining a second passport as fast as possible, in “safe” countries free from overreaching government bureaucrats. All done legally yet “under the radar.”
I created GWP Insiders to share those lessons.
In fact, I recently updated the entire membership area and I’m relaunching it as GWP Insiders 3.0. And, for a limited time, you can save 70% on membership.
Why should you seriously consider this (besides not wanting to get stuck in a tyrannical country)?
GWP Insiders is a complete roadmap of internationalization strategies for location-independent entrepreneurs and investors looking for answers to tax, residency, wealth, and lifestyle questions.
Most importantly, you’ll learn about legal tax avoidance loopholes that can protect you from “unrealized income” taxes or any other taxes politicians dream up.
Bottom line, we believe in REAL freedom. Freedom to keep the money you earned. Freedom to travel where you want, when you want…
Freedom to be private and secure in your business affairs and day to day life.
When you become a member of GWP Insiders, you’ll have access to some of the most valuable and closely guarded secrets the wealthy use to protect and grow their wealth.
For example, you’ll discover:
- How to obtain citizenship and a second passport in less than one year.
- The biggest tax haven in the world (most NEVER get this right).
- How to create an offshore bank account and brokerage accounts to store, protect, and grow your wealth.
- How to structure your business (and life) to minimize or eliminate taxes.
- The best opportunities for investing in foreign real estate.
- The best places around the world for living as an expat or nomad.
And much, much more.
Right now, you can save 70% on your GWP Insiders 3.0 membership. But please hurry because this offer won’t last much longer.
Location Independent Entrepreneur
P.S. Eager snoops at Government agencies love sifting through mounds of data to create stories about their targets. That’s why you need a fast exit prepared, before you become their next “profile” target…
Become a GWP Insiders member today to discover how to keep your income and personal liberties safe, along with many more secrets to secure your freedom…